This article will try to explain several methods to remove a virus from your computer or device. If your system has been placed in quarantine by Pavlov Media, you will need access to another computer at a different location to read these instructions. When you receive the quarantine notice from Pavlov Media, you will be redirected to a message screen explaining the reason for the quarantine when you try to connect to the internet. Before we restore your connection, you need to follow the instructions below to remove any virus from your system.
If you do not have an anit-virus program installed on your system, you need to acquire one and install it. Please refer to the article on Virus Protection for more information. If you feel that you cannot install or manage the anti-virus software yourself, you need to take the system to a qualified dealer or repair center to have your system tested and repaired. Pavlov Media cannot fix virus related problems remotely,.
- Unplug the Ethernet cable or disable the wireless connection from your system. Do not reconnect it until the virus has been removed and the technical support representative from Pavlov Media instructs you so to do.
- Run your Anti-Virus software. Perform a full system scan to locate and remove the virus. If the program is unable to remove the virus, you can try to use specific virus removal tools available from some manufacturers. Certain virus, worms, and trojans require special removal tools to cure the problem. Some sites that may provide help are:
If all attempts to remove the infection fail, then take the system to a qualified dealer or repair center to have your system tested and repaired. As a last resort, you can reinstall the operating system and restore your data files from backup.
- Verify the virus is gone. Once you have verified that there is no further infection, you are almost ready to restore your internet connection.
- Check the status of your firewall. You want to verify your firewall is setup and running.
- Contact Pavlov Media. At this point, please call 1-866-472-8568 to contact Pavlov Media Customer Support. They will verify your information and instruct you on reconnecting your Ethernet cable, then testing the connection to verify the absence of any virus and proper operation of the connection.
You should now be back online.