To locate the MAC address of your Sony PlayStation 2
1. Power up the PlayStation 2 and load the Network Adaptor Startup Disc.
2. Once it has loaded, press X to enter the ISP SETUP.
3. The ISP SETUP will begin to load.
4. Once the setup process has loaded, press X to continue.
5. After the network adaptor has been found, press X to continue.
6. Press X again to continue.
7. Select NEW and then press X to continue.
8. Type a name for your ISP setting. This can be any name you would like to associate with this connection.
9. When asked if you currently subscribe to an ISP service, select YES and press X to continue.
10. For connection type, choose HIGH SPEED CONNECTION (CABLE OR DSL) and press X to continue. Select AUTOMATIC SETTINGS and press X to continue.
11. When asked if your ISP requires a User ID and Password, select NO and press X to continue.
12. When asked if your Internet Service Provider requires you to input a DHCP Host Name, select NO, unplug your Ethernet cord from the PS2, and press X to continue. (Unplugging your Ethernet cord from the PS2 will cause the test to fail, but you want this to happen so that the PS2 will display your MAC address.)
13. Wait while your network connection is tested.
14. The network connection test will fail. Do not press X or Triangle. Press Select to see the error message.
15. The MAC address will be displayed. The address is a combination of 12 numbers and letters.
2. Login to your account here
3. Register your mac address by clicking "Activate a new device."
4. Connect one end of of the Ethernet cable to the wall jack in your bedroom.
5. Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the Sony PlayStation 2.
Begin Playing Online
If you find you are getting an error there is likely an issue with the MAC address. This is usually the result of the Playstation not being correctly activated on your account.
For further information on the wired connection please see the troubleshooting article from PlayStation.com.
If you still have an issue you may need to get a router. Please see How to Connect a Router.